The book includes a small section on cerebral palsy. The author writes: "Looking carefully at the fatty acid status of any child with cerebral palsy seems to be an important step in fostering recovery. Supplementation with fatty acids may allow slow restoration of some functions and may lead to an improved quality of life."
Without giving away too much of the book, here are some strategies for healing with fats and oils:
- Determine the Ideal Omega-3
- Balance Omega-6 and Omega-3
- Keep Your Carbohydrates Balanced
- Eliminate Trans Fatty Acids
- Eat Brightly Colored Fruits and Vegetables
- Remember Important Brain Minerals
- Use Spices That Help to Balance the Messengers and Protect the Brain
- Include Mitochondrial Nutrients
- Enrich with the Sulfur-Bearing Nutrients
- Get Adequate Methyl Donors
- Get Enough Sleep
I highly recommend reading this book to better understand the nutritional importance and brain benefits of the right balance of fats and oils.