Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Omega-3

Since our son has been weaned, we've been supplementing his diet with Omega-3. DHA and EPA are both Omega-3 fatty acids. From what I've read, research has shown that most neurological benefits appear to come from DHA. You can find out more about Omega-3 and it's benefits by reading DHA Supports Brain Development and Protects Neurological Function.

I like the Nordic Naturals brand, specifically their Children's DHA, because it's tested by independent laboratories to have undetectable levels of heavy metals and other environmental contaminants.

Omega Resource Library : Children's Health and Development

2 comments:

  1. What have you found thus far? I'm wanting to start my son on them, but he refuses to eat even the gummy, sugar-coated kids ones. What would you do about that even?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia, I would recommend liquid fish oil from Nordic Naturals. I like it because it's easy to mix with milk (or other liquid) and is tested by independent laboratories to be free of heavy metals and other enviromental contaminants.

    ReplyDelete